- The booking is made between Goldenhill Retreats (GHR) and the name(s) of the party on the booking acknowledgement.
- The booking is strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, which cannot be amended or modified unless agreed with GHR in writing.
- The contract is formed on the issuing of the formal acknowledgement of the booking which is the completed and signed booking form which will be provided when GHR have received cleared funds for either the agreed deposit or payment in full.
- The maximum number of persons allowed at the property is as per the accommodation maximum occupancy which will be stated on the booking acknowledgement. In the event the maximum occupancy is exceeded GHR has the right to request additional payment. This payment will be the accommodation rental total paid divided by the maximum occupancy multiplied by the additional occupant(s). This additional charge will be applied per person whether the additional persons stay part or all the hire period. In the event the guest refuses to pay , GHR at its sole discretion may cancel the booking and instruct the Party to leave without any refund or further obligation of liability.
- At present there are no dogs allowed in the accommodation, unless prior agreement with exceptional circumstances has been granted. In which case, there will be an additional standard charge and owners will be responsible at all times for their dog.
- Website bookings – GHR reserve the right to cancel website bookings and refund customers in the event of pricing or occupancy errors that have occurred on our website for whatever reason. Or, at its sole discretion, to advise the guest of the correct price giving them the option to pay the correct price. If the error has caused an overpayment the overpayment will be returned to the guest. For the avoidance of doubt the contract is not formed until GHR issue its formal acknowledgement as per clause 3.
- In the event the booking party wish to make administrative changes to a booking they should request this in writing via the email address shown on the booking acknowledgement form. GHR has no obligation to accept such changes but in the event they are able to accept such requests they can, at their sole discretion charge an administration fee of £75.
- In the unlikely event due to a specific accommodation issue (such as damage or double booking) GHR is unable to provide the accommodation booked by yourself, GHR shall make reasonable efforts to arrange alternative accommodation of similar type and standard in a similar location. GHR shall refund in full all monies paid within 5 working days. GHR maximum liability in all such circumstances should they be unable to provide the booked accommodation is to refund the full cost of the holiday paid.
- Additional facilities and activities are available, and these are detailed in the information pack provided. In the event that conditions are circumstances prevent activities from running a full refund will be provided. If additional facilities are out of operation due to unforeseen circumstances, eg hot tub or sauna, no charge will be made for these.
- A 30% deposit is payable at the time of booking. Receipt of any deposit shall not constitute acceptance of any booking until confirmation has been sent.
- The balance of the booking is due 8 weeks before the arrival date.
- Accepted payment methods include Debit or credit card payments and bank transfer.
Cancellation/booking changes/Fees ***For your own protection against illness or unforeseen circumstances, we strongly advise you take out your own holiday cancellation insurance with a specialist provider***
COVID -19 OR SIMILAR PANDEMIC OR DISRUPTIVE EVENT – In the circumstances of any event outside of our direct control that impacts on our ability to open our accommodation in full or part due to legal access restrictions in the whole of the UK, the specific location of our rooms or the specific UK post code of the guest booking the holiday . In such circumstances any money paid by the guest/party will be held on account and the guest provided with a credit note valid for 12 months from the date of the holiday.
****Insurance – Guests are strongly advised to take out holiday insurance to cover all circumstance that would impact on then taking their holiday . Guests should validate that any excesses on the policy do not make any claim invalid or reduced to a minimal payment to themselves
I) the whole of the UK goes into lockdown.
II) Northumberland goes into lockdown and the accommodation are closed.
III) the clients region and specific postal code area goes into lockdown and guests are legally prevented from travelling to their cottage.
- Deposits are non-refundable in all circumstances.
- If you wish to cancel your holiday for any reason you should telephone GHR on 07886349036 to let them know but you must also send written notification to the postal or email address on the booking form. Please note the written cancellation will be acknowledged by GHR in writing so if you do not receive such notification please check with GHR that your cancellation notice has been received.
– For holidays cancelled up to 8 weeks prior to the holiday you will be liable for 30% of the total holiday price which normally would equate to the deposit paid.
– For holidays cancelled within 8 weeks of the holiday date you will be liable for the total holiday price irrespective of whether the final payment from you has been received by GHR. Where the final payment has not been made GHR will confirm the balance owed. These outstanding amounts must be paid in full within 7 days of such notification.
– In the event you cancel your holiday within 8 weeks of your arrival date OR you have not paid your final balance by the due date GHR have the right to automatically treat the non- payment as a cancellation and re-advertise that accommodation in an effort to find a replacement customer. It is therefore very important that you notify GHR of any delay in making your payment.
– In the event an alternative booking is found GHR will credit you with the amount received less an amount equal to 30% of the original holiday price plus a £75 administration fee. Please note GHR will attempt to obtain the maximum price for the re-advertised accommodation but has the sole discretion to decide to discount the price as it sees appropriate
– In the event an outstanding balance for a cancelled holiday is not paid by yourself and GHR are forced to seek legal recovery all GHR reasonable costs including legal expenses to do so will be to your account
- Arrival times are strictly 4pm, departure times are strictly 10am. Early arrivals or late departures may be possible by arrangement with GHR subject to availability and prior agreement.
- Arrangements will be made by GHR for the accommodation keys to be left in a key safe. All keys should be placed back in the key safe upon leaving the accommodation at all times. There is a charge of £40 if the keys are not returned for any reason what so ever.
- In the event of an emergency GHR have the right to access the accommodation. In other circumstances where GHR feel it necessary GHR will give reasonable notice (24hrs) in order to enter and inspect the accommodation. Such a request cannot be refused by yourself.
- We appreciate some guests will wish to use WIFI during their holiday and for this reason GHR have invested significantly to ensure every accommodation has WIFI capability. Access to WIFI is provided totally free of charge. GHR have no control over the ultimate strength of the signal being received at each accommodation location as these signals are provided by third party network providers
- All accommodation has allocated parking, depending on the accommodation size and location the available parking will vary. The number of allocated spaces will be stated on your booking form. Please respect other holiday guests and do not park in their spaces Any visitors to your accommodation should use your parking spaces or alternatively park in the nearest public parking space.
- Car parking- GHR guests are welcome to use the allocated free parking areas for themselves or day visitors whilst using their holiday cottage. however, guests use these facilities at their own risk and SLL accept no liability for any damage to the vehicles or their contents
- GHR have no objection to our guests inviting a limited number of friends commensurate with the size of the accommodation, over to enjoy day visits however the accommodations should not under any circumstances unless agreed with GHR be used to hold parties or large gatherings whether or not that you may feel it will impact on the enjoyment of other guest’s holiday stay.
- All our accommodation is totally smoke free; Guests may smoke outside away from the accommodation but must clear up any cigarette or associated debris and dispose of this safely. In the event anyone smokes in the property GHR will charge for whatever additional cleaning is required to remove smells from the building or its contents. Minimum fee of £100.
- During your stay we would request you respect other guest’s rights to their peace and enjoyment of their holiday especially in any shared areas, GHR reserve the rights to ask guests to stop any activity that causes any nuisance to other guests. In the event guest refuse to respect such a request GHR will ask the offending guest to leave the property. In such circumstances no refund will be payable.
- During your stay if you chose to use the fitness facilities or equipment provided free of charge. This is at your own risk. No responsibility will be taken by GHR from injury or damage to equipment. If equipment is broken during usage, you will incur a charge of the cost of replacement, irrespective of how this happened. You will be responsible to replace all equipment back to original place after every use and ensure that doors are closed and equipment safely stored.
- Force Majeure – Force Majeure – GHR shall have limited liability for any delay or failure in performing its obligations under this agreement which results from circumstances outside its reasonable control including but not limited to Acts of God, industrial action, war, fire, threat of terrorism, civil disturbance or rioting, government or regulatory action, breakdown of plant or unavailability of networks or utilities. In the circumstances of such an event GHR will undertake all reasonable measures to rectify or mitigate its effect however if such an event disrupts or curtails your holiday then GHR total liability is limited to the portion of the service or holiday affected by the event which at a maximum will the total of all monies paid. In such circumstances guest will have the pro-rata amount paid transferred to their client account and will be provided with a credit note valid for 12 months . Events that impact a customers ability to take up their holiday due to personal or group limitations /restrictions would not be the responsibility of SLL if our cottages are able to remain open. Guest should take out the appropriate holiday or personal insurance to cover such circumstances.
- Governing Law – This agreement shall be governed by the Law of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts
- Severance – If a Clause of this Agreement is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other Clauses of this Agreement will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable Clause would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were to be deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the Clause will continue in effect (unless that would contradict the clear intentions of the parties, in which case the entirety of the relevant Clause will be deemed to be deleted).
- Third Party Rights – Nothing in these terms and conditions shall incur any rights on a third party and no third party may enforce any enforce any provision of the contract under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act. We may transfer Our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organization, and we will always notify you in writing if this happens, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms t another person if we agree in writing. Nothing in this contact is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any partnership or joint venture between you and the Company. The Company reserves the right to bring any action which arises out of your failure to comply with the obligations set out within the term of the agreement at any stage up until the statutory limitation period. Should the Company require recourse against you beyond the statutory limitation period then an application would be required for permission from the Court
- Your holiday price INCLUDESthe cost of our professional cleaning contractor preparing your accommodation for your stay.
- The accommodation is fully cleaned prior to your arrival; in the event you find something then please immediately contact GHR directly on the contact details set out on your booking acknowledgement. These are also available in the accommodation information packs.
- You are obliged to keep the holiday accommodation and all furnishings, fixtures, fittings and effects in the same state of cleanliness, repair and condition as they are presented at the time of arrival. If you find any damage to your accommodation you must notify GHR within 24hours by telephone, email or text so that they can inspect and confirm this and where necessary effect repairs/replacement.
- Make up/fake tan – we would politely request guests do not mark bed linen, towels with fake tan/oily make up/hair products as this is sometimes impossible to remove and will result in the need to replace the item. Damaged/stained linen, will be charged to the guest.
- On departure SLL expect the guest to have left the property in a reasonable state of cleanliness. It is acknowledged that guests may not be able to replicate the standard of our cleaning contractor. However, it is deemed reasonable that as a minimum:
i) All guests – wash all dishes/pans/cutlery and utensils used during their stay and return them to their storage location. Clean cooker top/oven/microwave if used. Empty fridge and cupboards of waste food. Check that toilets are in clean condition and flushed. Remove any ash/debris from log burner and from barbecues and clean down barbecue grills if used. Remove all rubbish from internal bins and transfer to main site bins
ii) Those guests with dog(s), remove any dog hairs from carpets, surfaces or floors and clean all dog mess from gardens and outside areas. Please note dogs are strictly not allowed on beds or furniture as cleaning such will occur additional costs. All dog mess should be cleaned up immediately throughout your stay with us.
In the event you leave the accommodation in a poor state of cleanliness then cleaning charges will be applied as per the following:
a) Additional cleaning of accommodation due to the failure of guests to leave it in a reasonable condition as detailed in i) & ii) above, will be subject to a fee up to £50.00 dependent on cleaning required and the size of the cottage.
b) Cleaning of barbecues or picking up dog mess to outside areas £15.00 each
Arrival Inspection / Damage to accommodation or its contents
- On arrival you should inspect the accommodation and its contents and advise GHR within 24hours of any damage or concerns you have.
Please note our cleaning contractors do inspect the accommodation during their accommodation preparation so you should find the accommodation in full working order
- In the event you or your party have an accident during your stay then this must be reported immediately to GHR. This will allow GHR to deal with the issue as soon as possible. Please do not leave such notifications until the end of your holiday as it may prevent GHR from preparing the accommodation for the next guest
- If the accommodation is left with any form of damage to fixtures, fittings or the property itself, GHR has the right to recover all costs and expenses in remedying such defects from you. In addition, if the damage caused is of a nature that that prevents, delays or means subsequent booking(s) have to be cancelled requiring GHR to discount other guests stay or having to relocate guests to alternative accommodation then these costs along with the costs of rectification will be the responsibility of yourself. In all circumstances any professional or legal fees resulting from the damage or in the collection of the damage costs will be added to your account
- GHR will notify yourself of any costs as soon as the damage has been evaluated
- In the event that you feel that you have a genuine concern in respect of any aspect of your holiday home, then this should immediately be reported to GHR. We will always endeavor to resolve the matter.
Complaints must be reported immediately; we cannot consider or address any issues raised days after you arrive or after you return home.
We want you to enjoy your stay but can only deal with any issues you may have if you let us know at the time.